The task of planning a corporate event is one that can often be underestimated. With so many factors to consider like how many people? Duration? Venue? Sometimes the most important element, the food, can miss the mark. Out of all these aspects to consider when planning a corporate event, the food is what they always seem to remember.
We sat down with our corporate catering whizz, Chelsea to get her top tips for planning a standout corporate event that will be remembered for all the right reasons.
- First and foremost, knowing who the clientele are is critical in ensuring the menu is a winner. Is it an older demographic? Is it academics or politicians? Will there be students/young people? Is it majority male or female attendance?
- How do you envision the overall function? Would you like the event to be casual, help yourself style with disposable packaging or would you like it to be more high end with staff on site to assist and have crockery, cutlery and glassware available?
- Cocktail events are very popular amongst corporate functions but ensuring there is enough for everyone can be tricky. For a cocktail style event over 2 hours Chelsea recommends 5 – 6 items of food per person
- Deciding on whether to have a bar or not at a corporate event is often a debate but regardless of whether you have alcohol or not, setting up a bar always requires more time and more ice than you would think – particularly on a hot day!
- Know your budget per head before engaging with a caterer. This makes the menu planning process much smoother and prevents you having to go back to your boss asking for a budget increase
Are you ready to be the next employee of the month? Chat with our team today about planning your next corporate event